Make, mend, and customise your own wardrobe with this highly photographic beginner's guide to machine sewing.
A sewing book for beginners that's actually helpful. It's love at first stitch!
This highly photographic, easy-to-use guide to machine sewing features more than 200 step-by-step techniques to help you master every stitch in the book!
Inside the pages of this sewing reference book, you will find:
- More than 200 sewing techniques, all clearly and closely photographed and explained in sharp detail
- Discover how to read a pattern, use a sewing machine, and sew basic stitches, seams, and hems
- Explore how to put your new-found skills to use to create, personalise, up-cycle, and re-purpose your clothes and soft furnishings.
- Photographs and explanations of essential sewing equipment and materials - for both hand and machine sewing
- A guide to sewing jargon and terminology that describes when, where, and how to use each tool and technique
- Techniques to create something new or to customise things you already have
Whether you're a seasoned sewer or just starting to learn how to sew, a fashion design student or sewing for yourself at home, Sew Step by Step will guide you through every hand stitch, machine stitch, and sewing technique you will ever need. With fully updated text and a refreshed design, this is an essential sewing handbook that you will want to keep next to your sewing machine to come back to time and time again.
Close-up photographs accompanied by crystal clear instructions take you through everything from cutting out patterns to inserting collars, sleeves and pockets into garments. Explore how to put those skills to use to make, mend and customise your clothes and home furnishings. You will also learn how to find a suitable fabric for every project with an easy-to-use guide to different materials. It also makes a wonderful gift for beginner sewers and expert stitchers alike.