Beginner’s Guide To Dress & Skirt Making With Sewing Machine
Step By Step Visual Illustrated Guide
I have been making dresses for over 20 years now. I have taught dressmaking in various setting for last ten years. I designed this guide for anyone who wants to learn how to get started in dress and skirt making from scratch. You DO NOT need any prior experience in sewing to start, I promise you. Just follow the steps and watch the images I shared and you will be on your way in no time.
In this guide, you will get detailed step-by-step procedures of how things are done in the world of dressmakers. Terminologies used in the industries are explained, and all the tools and equipment you need to start your journey as a dressmaker.
You will learn a lot about seams and stitches, the sewing machine, and eventually, you will have the opportunity to practice on some basic but exciting sewing projects to perfect your newly acquired skills. I shared over 120 images and illustrations to show you how to take proper measurements, how to cut a garment and how to sew them properly.Here is a glimpse of what I shared in the book:
- Common Sewing Terminology
- Tools & Equipment You Will Need
- Inner Workings Of Various Types Of Sewing Machines
- How To Thread And Work With A Sewing Machine
- How To Do Various Temporary & Permanent Stitches
- How To Incorporate Various Reverse Stitches
- How To Make Various Seams
- Components Of A Dress, Shirt, Skirt, And Pants
- Procedure For Taking Body Measurements
- Garment Construction & Pattern Development
- Sheath Dress
- Making A Dress Block
- Shift Dress
- Seam Allowances, Cutting, And Stitching
And so much more.